Me Too! Me too!
In response to Google's acquisition of DoubleClick:
- Yahoo buys RightMedia, the auction-based display advertising network
- Microsoft makes a play for 24/7 Real Media rumored to be in the neighborhood of $1 billion dollars
Our wine this week was a 2004 Coppola Rosso and a 2004 Pinot Noir...whose origin escapes me.
- Google responds to Viacom's lawsuit with a big, "Meh."
- SnoCap licenses music from Warner Music Group to sell in their commerce environments
- Digg pulls down the AACS code for HD-DVD throwing the Digg community into a frenzy regarding censorship and free speech
Our closing music is Democracy from Alexander Blu.
Send us email to comments AT odmcast DOT com or call our comment line and leave a message: 775-860-2263. You can also reach us via Gizmo by contacting username ondigitalmedia.
Be sure to stop by http://www.odmcast.com to complete our listener survey - we’d really appreciate it.
For partner or sponsor information, contact jaf AT newrules DOT com.
Listen here. Don't forget to subscribe - it's free.
[tags]Yahoo, Right Media, Microsoft, 24/7 Real Media, Acquisitions, Online Advertising, Advertising, Display Advertising, Search Advertising, Search Marketing, John Federico, Ken Gellman, Chia-Lin Simmons, Viacom, Lawsuits, AACS, Digg, Free Speech, Copyright, DRM, HD-DVD, DoubleClick, SnoCap, Warner Music Group, WMG, Wine, Digital Media, On Digital Media, Podcast, Podcasting, Digital Audio, Downloads, Piracy, Music, Ecommerce[/tags]