- Steve has upgraded his blog from Moveable Type to Wordpress. (Finally).
- Chia-Lin successfully moderated her first panel discusion at Digital Hollywood, Steve attended the SOA conference and John had the opportunity to speak on New Measurement for New Media at Podcamp Boston. Thanks to Mssrs. Penn and Brogan for a great event and thanks to Jeff Pulver for contributing the space for the event and sponsoring the official cocktail reception on Saturday night.
- John was a guest lecturer in Heidi Cohen's Class at NYU for her student who are working toward their MS in Direct and Interactive Marketing. Thanks to Heidi for the gracious invitation and to her students for their participation.
- John will be attending Convergence 2007: The future of Advertising, Communications and Media on December 3rd in NYC. Care to join me?
- FaceBook is allowing entities (Corporations, Brands, Non-Profits, Podcasts, etc.) to create profiles, just like any individual can. Steve loves it, John and Chia-Lin like it, but we are all somewhat skeptical of its value. Coupled with FaceBook Ads, is it a threat to Google?
- Seth Godin thinks that FaceBook has a Hotmail problem. We absolutely agree.
- Google announces the Open Social API's. MySpace and Ning are notable partners who are embracing the technology. Will FaceBook adopt it?
- Where's my gPhone? Google releases Android and announces thirty-three hardware partners participating in the Open Handset Alliance. Chia-Lin thinks that it's not just a threat to existing handset OS developers and handset manufacturers, but also to the U.S. carriers.
- What happens if Nokia joins the Alliance and Symbian doesn't? Doh! More importantly, should Apple be looking over its shoulder? A classic ODM-style debate ensues...
- Writers strike for digital rights. And they should.
Our music is Democracy from Alexander Blu.
Send us email to comments AT odmcast DOT com or call our comment line and leave a message: 775-860-2263.
You can also reach us via Gizmo Project by contacting username ondigitalmedia or by leaving a comment in our blog.
Be sure to stop by http://www.odmcast.com to complete our listener survey - we’d really appreciate it.
For partner or sponsor information, contact jaf AT newrules DOT com.
If you weren’t able to download the latest episode, you can always catch it by calling our Podlinez number (818) 688-2754 from any telephone. (Long distance charges or cellular minutes usage may apply. Blah, blah, blah.)
[tags]Online Advertising, Advertising, John Federico, Ken Gellman, Chia-Lin Simmons, Steve Hatch, Google, Android, Mobile Phones, Nokia, Motorola, Open Handset Alliance, Ning, MySpace, Wine, Radiohead, Nokia, FaceBook, Open Social, Digital Media, On Digital Media, Digital Hollywood, Podcamp Boston, Podcamp, Convergence 2007, Microsoft, Podcast, Podcasting, Digital Audio, Downloads, Media, Traditional Media, Big Media, Alexander Blu, DRM, Jobs, Careers, Career Development[/tags]