- Ken's reliance on his cell phone
- Steve's new FiOS service
- The iPhone. (Of course...)
- No Exchange support on the iPhone. That's a potentially BIG deal-killer for a lot of people.
- Will you be able to get an iPhone without a contract?
- Apple also released Apple TV. (John's unimpressed.) Microsoft is probably in a better position to capitalize on this opportunity with the announcement of IPTV service on the XBox 360.
- Bambi Francisco thinks that consumers will tolerate low-quality content. For now.
- In a partnership with GooTube, CBS will begin airing consumer generated video content on the network, starting with the Super Bowl.
- JibJab productions used to be considered "consumer generated content" and look at them now. (John actually went to high school with the Spiridellis brothers...)
- Ad Age has selected YOU, the consumer, as Ad Agency of the Year. Gimmicky...
- Magazine publishers believe that building or buying social networks will help grow revenues. Film at 11.
- Meredith buys two interactive ad agencies
- The newspaper industry is bleeding....less.
- Gannett, McClatchy and Tribune to jointly sell web ads to compete with Yahoo!
Our wine was a Francis Coppola Rosso.
Our closing music is Democracy from Alexander Blu.
Send us email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our comment line: 775-860-2263. You can also reach us via Gizmo by contacting username ondigitalmedia.
If you weren't able to download the latest episode, you can always catch it by calling our Podlinez number (818) 688-2754 from any telephone. (Long distance charges or cellular minutes usage may apply, etc.)
Be sure to stop by http://www.odmcast.com to complete our listener survey - we'd really appreciate it.
[tags]Consumer Generated Media, CGM, Online Video, Video, TV, Television, Interactive Advertising, Wine, CES, Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas, On Digital Media, John Federico, Chia-Lin Simmons, Steve Hatch, Digital Media, Cell Phones, Mobile Phones, Mobile Content, Podcasting, Podcasts, iPhone, Apple iPhone, Nokia, Nokia N80i, Verizon FIOS, FIOS, Broadband, Apple, Newspapers, Classifieds, eBay, Craig's List, YouTube, Google, Meredith, Bambi Francisco, Gallup, Research, CBS, Super Bowl, Advertising, JibJab, Gregg Spiridellis, Evan Spiridellis[/tags]