- John had a good time (perhaps too good a time...) at the PaidContent NYC Mixer. (Thanks, Rafat.)
- Listener Email
- Sony to build vertically integrated music service + device while cellular carriers allowing content providers to sell content to their subscribers off-deck
Music companies releasing music from certain artists as mp3 in order to gain access to Apple's iPod
- Chia-Lin doesn't want to back up her music - where's the online bit locker for digital media?
- iPhone "confirmed" by Kevin Rose;
- Steve wants it to have Exchange support. John wants Steve to just get a Mac. ;)
- MarketingSherpa case study on Popeye's and their successful use of coupons via SMS (facilitated by qtags)
- Jason Calacanis becomes "Entrepreneur-in-Residence" at Sequoia Capital
- Time Warner looking for "internet deals" to help speed up the transformation of AOL
- Executives expect new media to make money...eventually, while the New York Times Company is doing it NOW
- Is About.com user generated content? John tries to make the distinction between casual user generated content and dedicated production of user generated content.
- Wenda Harris Millard of Yahoo isn't convinced that user generated content has real revenue value - doesn't Yahoo make lots of money from user generated content like email, Yahoo 360, Yahoo Groups, etc.?
- Social networking is solely for the youth market? Really?
- Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics: Podcasting is growing. Podcasting is declining. Film at 11.
- Dana Gardner thinks that the B2B publishing value of podcasting is being overlooked. (Not by us, of course...) ;)
- Use Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 to make transcripts of your podcast
- John got a Skype client for his Treo 700p: iSkoot
Our wines this week were: 1919 Cabernet Sauvignon and some (very good) chianti that I've never heard of...
Our closing music is Democracy from Alexander Blu.
Send us email to email@example.com or call our comment line: 775-860-2263. You can also reach us via Gizmo by contacting username ondigitalmedia.
[tags]Video, Verizon Wireless, Cingular, Sprint, Treo 700p, John Havens, Thumbplay, Chris Phenner, Dada.net, Jamster, Mobizzo, Sony, Yahoo, Wenda Harris Millard, LinkedIn, Social Networks, User Generated Content, UGC, About.com, New York Times, NYT, Online Advertising, NBCU, Jeff Zucker, Social Networking, Steve Hatch, Kevin Rose, Diggnation, iSkoot, Skype, Podcasting, John Gartner, Rafat Ali, PaidContent, Nokia, Wine, Fair Use, YouTube, John Federico, Ken Gellman, Chia-Lin Simmons, Advertising, On Digital Media, Alexander Blu, Apple, iPod, iPhone[/tags]