- Verizon wins approval to deliver FIOS service in New Jersey. John is awaiting installation like a child on Christmas morning...
- John got his hands on a La Fonera router from Fon. Steve is jealous.
- The Netherlands recently switched to an entirely digital distribution system for television.
- Ways to have social media or consumer generated content put cash in your pocket.
- Shelly Palmer interviews Steven Starr, CEO and Founder of Revver.com on his new podcast, Media 3.0
- Break.com; MetaCafe "Producer Rewards"
- Big Media are in discussions to create an online video destination site to compete with GooTube...but still, no one knows how to measure this stuff yet...including the IAB.
- "The Page View is dead."
- The DVD Forum approves download-to-burn standards using CSS...which is already easily cracked.
- VC Funding reaches "dot com levels" while M&A will continue to be strong in '007.
- Nintendo retracts of 1 million Wii's by end of this year, announces replacement program for wrist straps on Wii-motes; Sony reaffirms plans to ship 6 million PS3's by March of '007.
- ShopWiki, others, soliciting user-generated video product reviews. John may produce a few just for laughs...
Our closing music is Democracy from Alexander Blu.
Send us email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our comment line: 775-860-2263. You can also reach us via Gizmo by contacting username ondigitalmedia.
Be sure to stop by http://www.odmcast.com to complete our listener survey - we'd really appreciate it.
[tags]Video, Verizon, FIOS, Sony, Fon, La Fonera, Playstation 3, PS3, Social Networks, User Generated Content, UGC, Shelly Palmer, ShopWiki, Mashable, Pete Cashmore, Revver, Nintendo, Wii, Online Advertising, Steve Hatch, Podcasting, YouTube, John Federico, Ken Gellman, Chia-Lin Simmons, Advertising, On Digital Media, Alexander Blu[/tags]