I'm looking for a UX person to work on a new project at Audible.com. It will require that you work on-site in Newark, NJ for 40% - 50% of the time. Contact me if you're interested or you know someone.
Audible.net is a small, high-energy business unit of audible.com, the leading provider of premium downloadable spoken audio. If you get excited about connecting people-to-people and people-to-information, we want to hear from you.
While not required, candidates with experience and passion for podcasts, audiobooks, and social networking will be given the highest priority.
As an interaction Designer your primary role will be to define and design audible.net and its suite of community-based tools.
You will work closely with both business owners and developers; contribute to the definition of user scenarios and UI; and develop mockups and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design concepts.
- Solid background in human-computer interaction or related field
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- Proven experience designing outstanding web-based products for consumer-oriented websites
- Solid grasp of the application of current web technologies (DHTML, AJAX)
- Strong sense of visual design and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as a member of a high-performing team
[tags]jobs, gigs, user experience design, interaction design, freelance, consulting, Newark, New Jersey[/tags]